Custom Snackbars in Android
SnackBars plays a very important role in the user experience. The snack bar which may or may not contain the action button to do shows the message which had happened due to the user interaction immediately. So in this article, it’s been discussed how the SnackBars can be implemented using custom layouts. Have a look at the following image to get an idea of how can the custom-made SnackBars can be differentiated from the regular(normal) SnackBars. Note that we are going to implement this project using the Java language.
Steps to Implement the Custom SnackBars in Android
Step 1: Create an empty activity project
- Create an empty activity Android Studio project. And select the JAVA as a programming language.
- Refer to Android | How to Create/Start a New Project in Android Studio? to know how to create an empty activity Android studio project.
Step 2: Working with the activity_main.xml file
- The main layout here includes only one button which when clicked the custom SnackBar is to be shown.
- Invoke the following code, in the activity_main.xml file.
Output UI: Run on Emulator
Step 3: Creating a custom layout for Snackbar
- Under layout folder create a layout for SnackBar which needs to be inflated when building the SnackBar under the MainActivity.java file.
Which produces the following view:
Step 4: Working with the MainActivity.java file
Output: Run on Emulator
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.