Python is a very versatile programming language. Python is being used in almost each mainstream technology and one can develop literally any application with it. Let’s see a Python program to convert the currency of one country to that of another country. To use this service, one must need the API key, which can be get form here.
We will use
fixer API to get the live conversion rates and convert the corresponding amount.
requests: This module does not built-in with python. To install it type the below command in the terminal or cmd.
pip install requests
Below is the implementation:
From Country: USD TO Country: INR Amount: 1
1 USD = 70.69 INR
- Python | Real time currency convertor using Tkinter
- Python | Get the real time currency exchange rate
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- try and except in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.