ctime() Function Of Datetime.date Class In Python
The ctime() function is used to return a string containing the date and time.
Parameters: This function does not accept any parameter.
Return values: This function returns a string containing the date and time.
The format of the string representation:
- The string is of 24-character length.
- Week is printed as a three-letter word.
Sun, Mo, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Months are represented as three-digit letters
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- The day of the month is represented as a two-digit number
- Time is represented in HH:MM:SS format
- The year is a 4 digit number
Example 1: Getting a string containing the date and time
1627282355.0111642 Date for Timestamp used is: 2021-07-26 Today's date: Mon Jul 26 00:00:00 2021
Example 2: Getting a string containing the date and time
The date: Sun Feb 10 00:00:00 2013
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course