ctime() Function Of Datetime.date Class In Python
The ctime() function is used to return a string containing the date and time.
Parameters: This function does not accept any parameter.
Return values: This function returns a string containing the date and time.
The format of the string representation:
- The string is of 24-character length.
- Week is printed as a three-letter word.
Sun, Mo, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Months are represented as three-digit letters
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
- The day of the month is represented as a two-digit number
- Time is represented in HH:MM:SS format
- The year is a 4 digit number
Example 1: Getting a string containing the date and time
1627282355.0111642 Date for Timestamp used is: 2021-07-26 Today's date: Mon Jul 26 00:00:00 2021
Example 2: Getting a string containing the date and time
The date: Sun Feb 10 00:00:00 2013