The ctime() function is define in the time.h header file. The ctime() function returns the string representing the localtime based on the argument timer.
char *ctime(const time_t *timer)
Parameters: This function accepts single parameter time_ptr. It is used to set time_t object that contains a time value.
Return Value: This function returns a string that contains the date and time which is in human readable form.
Www Mmm dd hh:mm:ss yyyy
Note: The description of results are given below:
- Www: Day of week.
- Mmm: Month name.
- dd : Day of month.
- hh : Hour digit.
- mm : Minute digit.
- ss : Second digit.
- yyyy : Year digit.
Current time = Fri Sep 28 08:13:09 2018
- gmtime() Function in C/C++
- getopt() function in C to parse command line arguments
- How to return multiple values from a function in C or C++?
- time() function in C
- C program to store Student records as Structures and Sort them by Name
- Check whether the given character is in upper case, lower case or non alphabetic character
- Program to copy the contents of one array into another in the reverse order
- Else without IF and L-Value Required Error in C
- Substring Reverse Pattern
- C Program to Reverse Array of Strings
- Difference between const int*, const int * const, and int const *
- Sum of integers upto N with given unit digit
- Get/Set process resource limits in C
- First X vowels from a string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.