The scroll-margin-left property is used to set all the scroll margins to the left of an element at once. The value specified for the scroll-margin-left determines how much of the page that is primarily outside the support should remain visible.
Hence, the scroll-margin-left values represent outsets that define the scroll snap area that is used for snapping this box to the support.
scroll-margin-left: length /* Or */ scroll-margin-left: Global_Values
Property values: This property accepts two-properties mentioned above and described below:
- length: This property refers to the values defined with length units: px, em, rem, vh, etc.
- Global_Values: This property refers to the global values like inherit, unset, initial, etc.
Note: scroll-margin-left doesn’t accept percentage value as the length.
Example: In this example, you can see the effect of scroll-margin-left by scrolling to a point partway between two of the “interfaces” of the example’s content.
- Safari(partially supported)
- Internet Explorer (Not Supported)
- CSS | transition-property Property
- How to override the CSS properties of a class using another CSS class ?
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- CSS | table-layout Property
- CSS | text-align Property
- CSS | border-top-width Property
- CSS | isolation Property
- CSS | border-inline-start-style Property
- CSS | column-rule-width Property
- CSS | word-spacing Property
- CSS | animation-delay Property
- CSS | margin-top Property
- CSS | border radius property
- CSS | grid Property
- CSS | font-size-adjust Property
- CSS | visibility Property
- CSS | Display property
- CSS | grid-template-columns Property
- CSS | height Property
- CSS | transform-origin Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.