The CSS play-during property is used to manipulate the playing audio in the background of any website. It can also be used as a background tune when you add a lecture or speech.
Property Value: This property accepts a single parameter as mentioned above and described below:
- url: This property value holds the source for the audio tune which will be used as a background tune. There are four possible values to manipulate the audio tune, mix, repeat, auto, and none.
- mix: This property value holds the background sound of the element that to be played, along with any background sound resulting from the value of play-during for any ancestor elements.
- repeat: This property value holds the background sound to be repeated if it finishes before the element is fully rendered.
- auto: This property value describe the sound being played for any ancestor element.
- none: This property value describe the complete background silence during the rendering of the element.
Example 1: In this example, the background tune will play a single time.
Example 2: In this example, background will play repeatedly.
Supported Browsers: This property is deprecated in CSS3 so the major browsers are not supporting this property.