CSS | padding-block-start Property
The padding-block-start property is used to define the logical block start padding of an element. This property helps to place padding depending on the element’s writing mode, directionality, and text orientation.
- length: It sets a fixed value defined in px, cm, pt etc. Negative values are allowed. Its default value is 0px.
- percentage: It is same as the length but the size is set in terms of percentage of the window size.
- auto: It is used when it is desired that the browser determines the padding-block-start size.
- initial: It is used to set the value of the padding-block-start property to its default value.
- inherit: It is used when it is desired that the element inherits the padding-block-start property of its parent as its own.
- unset: It is used unset the default padding-block-start.
Below example illustrate the padding-block-start property in CSS:
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by padding-block-start property are listed below:
- Google Chrome