The opacity() function is an inbuilt function which is used to apply a filter to the image to set the transparency of the image.
opacity( amount )
Parameters: This function accepts single parameter amount which holds the amount of transparency. The value of opacity is set in terms of number and percentage. The value 0% represents the complete transparent image and 100% represents the original image.
Below example illustrates the opacity() function in CSS:
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by opacity() function are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- CSS | Opacity / Transparency
- D3.js | color.opacity
- CSS | stroke-opacity Property
- CSS | fill-opacity Property
- Node Jimp | opacity
- How to change opacity while scrolling the page?
- HTML | DOM Style opacity Property
- Set the opacity only to background color not on the text in CSS
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- PHP | pos() Function
- D3.js | d3.max() function
- D3.js | d3.min() function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.