The list-style property in CSS is used to set the list style. This property is a combination of three other properties list-style-type, list-style-position, and list-style-image as can be used as a shorthand notation for these three properties.
list-style: list-style-type list-style-position list-style-image| initial|inherit;
- list-style-type:This value sets the marker (such as a disc, character, or custom counter style) of a list item element.It’s default value is disc.
- list-style-position:This value sets the position of the marker relative to a list item.It’s default value is “outside”.
- list-style-image:This value sets an image to be used as the list item marker. It’s default value is “none”.
Note:If no list-style-image is specified than it is taken none.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by list-style property are listed below:
- Google Chrome 1.0
- Internet Explorer 4.0
- Firefox 1.0
- Opera 7.0
- Apple Safari 1.0
- HTML | DOM Style listStyle Property
- CSS | transition-property Property
- How to override the CSS properties of a class using another CSS class ?
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- CSS | table-layout Property
- CSS | text-align Property
- CSS | border-top-width Property
- CSS | isolation Property
- CSS | border-inline-start-style Property
- CSS | column-rule-width Property
- CSS | word-spacing Property
- CSS | animation-delay Property
- CSS | margin-top Property
- CSS | border radius property
- CSS | grid Property
- CSS | font-size-adjust Property
- CSS | visibility Property
- CSS | Display property
- CSS | grid-template-columns Property
- CSS | height Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.