It is basically an image which is a collection of different images put together to form a single image. The use of image sprites is done for two main reasons:
- For faster page loading since use only single image.
- It reduce the bandwidth used to load multiple images. This way less data is consume.
Image sprites are generally used for designing a graphic social media bar or a navigation bar to make it more attractive and efficient at the same time. It is just a method in HTML and CSS to implement more efficient way of putting images and designing web pages.
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- How to hide “Image not found” icon when source image is not found?
- ES6 | Image Map
- Bulma | Image
- CSS | Image Gallery
- How to Mount an ISO Image?
- How to darken an Image using CSS ?
- Saving an Image from URL in PHP
- Openpyxl - Adding Image
- jQuery | :image Selector
- Drop shadow for PNG image using CSS
- How to Create a Tab Image Gallery ?
- How to Generate Captcha Image in PHP ?
- CSS | border-image Property
- CSS | background-image Property
- HTML | DOM Image Object
- CSS | image-rendering Property
- HTML | DOM Image name Property
- How to change color of PNG image using CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.