Grid is a 2D (two dimensional) design pattern to handle grid-based user interfaces on the web. It describes the number of properties those allow to design grid structures and control the placement of grid items using CSS. It can be change the layout of grid items irrespective of their source order, which allows to move grid items around to cater for these varying contexts without having to modify the underlying markup.
Property Values: The grid-column-start and grid-column-end, property can be described in three ways:
- auto: The element will be placed in the default flow. It is default value.
- span n: It specifies the number of columns item will span in grid-column-start and grid-column-end both cases.
- column-line: It describes on which column to start and display the item in case of grid-column-start and column on which to end the display of item for grid-column-end.
Example: This example describes the grid-column: auto property.
Example: This example describes the grid-column: column-line property.
Example: This example describes the grid-column: span n property.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by grid-column property are listed below:
- Google Chrome 57.0
- Internet Explorer 16.0
- Mozila firefox 52.0
- Safari 10.0
- Opera 44.0
- CSS | transition-property Property
- CSS | all Property
- CSS | top Property
- CSS | nav-up property
- CSS | nav-down property
- CSS | right Property
- CSS | nav-right property
- CSS | zoom Property
- CSS | column-gap Property
- CSS | overflow-x Property
- CSS | content Property
- CSS | bottom Property
- CSS | filter Property
- CSS | box-shadow Property
- HTML | DOM Map name Property
- CSS | height Property
- CSS | quotes Property
- CSS | animation-name Property
- CSS | Display property
- CSS | tab-size Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.