The border-left property in CSS is used to set all bottom left properties in one line. It is used to set the width, style, and color of the left border.
border-left: border-width border-style border-color|initial|inherit;
border-left is a shorthand to set the below property values.
- border-width: It is used to set the width of border.
- border-style: It is used to set the style of border. Its default value is ‘none’.
- border-color: It is used to set the color of border.
- initial: This property is used to set border-bottom to its default value.
- inherit: This property is inherited from its parent.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by border-left property are listed below:
- Google Chrome 1.0
- Internet Explorer 4.0
- Firefox 1.0
- Opera 1.0
- Safari 3.5
- HTML | DOM Style borderLeft Property
- CSS | transition-property Property
- CSS | all Property
- CSS | top Property
- CSS | right Property
- CSS | visibility Property
- HTML | DOM URL Property
- CSS | tab-size Property
- CSS | flex Property
- CSS | max-width Property
- CSS | margin-right Property
- CSS | min-height Property
- HTML | DOM Bdo dir Property
- CSS | box-sizing Property
- CSS | border-top Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.