The Eight Digit Hex color is as simple as Six Digit Hex color it contains 8 digits rather than six, it is used to define the color of your elements with the CSS. It has a prefixed hash(#) value before the digits like six-digit hex code.
The difference between 6 and 8 digit hex codes is, that 2 extra characters define the alpha channel as the name suggests in the 8 digit hex color. The last two digits will define that the color will how much transparent or opaque. If the last two digit is 00 then that will be fully transparent and if that is FF then it will be fully opaque.
Note: The first six character represent the RGB color as Six digit hex color code. Last two represent the alpha channel.
- CSS | 4 Digit Hex Color
- CSS | 6 Digit Hex Color
- CSS | 3 Digit Hex Color
- How to get hex color value of RGB value ?
- HTML Hex Color Codes
- p5.js | hex() function
- Convert Hex to RGBa for background opacity using SASS
- How to change an element color based on value of the color picker value using onclick?
- How to change an element color based on value of the color picker value on click?
- CSS | caret-color Property
- Change an HTML5 input placeholder color with CSS
- Set the opacity only to background color not on the text in CSS
- CSS | background-color Property
- CSS | border-left-color Property
- CSS | border-right-color Property
- CSS | text-decoration-color Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.