Given a sequence, find the length of the longest palindromic subsequence in it.
As another example, if the given sequence is “BBABCBCAB”, then the output should be 7 as “BABCBAB” is the longest palindromic subseuqnce in it. “BBBBB” and “BBCBB” are also palindromic subsequences of the given sequence, but not the longest ones.
1) Optimal Substructure:
Let X[0..n-1] be the input sequence of length n and L(0, n-1) be the length of the longest palindromic subsequence of X[0..n-1].
If last and first characters of X are same, then L(0, n-1) = L(1, n-2) + 2.
Else L(0, n-1) = MAX (L(1, n-1), L(0, n-2)).
Following is a general recursive solution with all cases handled.
The length of the LPS is 5
Dynamic Programming Solution
The lnegth of the lps is 7
Please refer complete article on Longest Palindromic Subsequence | DP-12 for more details!
- C# Program for Naive algorithm for Pattern Searching
- C# Program for KMP Algorithm for Pattern Searching
- C# Program to print all permutations of a given string
- C# Program for Count Inversions in an array | Set 1 (Using Merge Sort)
- C# Program for Median of two sorted arrays of same size
- C# Program for Activity Selection Problem | Greedy Algo-1
- C# Program for Subset Sum Problem | DP-25
- C# Program for Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm | Greedy Algo-7
- C# Program for Maximum sum rectangle in a 2D matrix | DP-27
- C# Program for Largest Sum Contiguous Subarray
- C# Program for Maximum size square sub-matrix with all 1s
- C# Program for Minimum number of jumps to reach end
- C# Program for Cutting a Rod | DP-13
- C# Program for Egg Dropping Puzzle | DP-11
- C# Program for Matrix Chain Multiplication | DP-8
- C# Program for Count set bits in an integer
- C# Program to Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- C# Program for Anagram Substring Search (Or Search for all permutations)
- C# Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- C# Program for Count ways to reach the n\'th stair