What is an image slider?
Image Slider or Image Carousel is an expedient way to show multiple images on a website. Alluring flashy images can draw many visitors to the site. Below image shows a sample image slider:
Step – 1: Create the structure of image slider using HTML and insert images from the respective sources. Below is the complete HTML code for doing this:
Step – 2: Once we have created the HTML structure for our image slider, the next step is to style the slider using CSS. We will add styles to the images, backgrounds etc. We will also style the dots and make our images responsive and browser friendly using CSS. Below is the complete CSS code for styling our image slider:
In the code snippet below, at the very beginning, we took all the div elements with class name ‘image-sliderfade’ in an array and did the same for div’s with class name ‘dots’ by using getElementByClassName() listener. After that, we set the display for all of the divs, containing images. In the last for-loop, we have erased the class name for each element of array dots. After we are done with these, we set the display as a block of the image to shown and append the class name to the corresponding element of dots array. Function setTimeout is used for calling the function showslides() in an interval of 2 seconds.
Once we are done with all of the above steps, we will get the slider up and working as shown below:
- How to place the image above the slider in mobile view in bootstrap?
- How to Design Image Slider using jQuery ?
- Creating custom domain name instead of localhost in Ubuntu
- Creating custom user model using AbstractUser in django_Restframework
- jQuery UI | Slider
- How to Hide and show slide arrows in slick slider?
- How to Create a Custom Image Magnifier using jQuery ?
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- How to hide “Image not found” icon when source image is not found?
- How to specify an image as a server-side image-map in HTML ?
- Python | User groups with Custom permissions in Django
- Bootstrap 4 | Custom Forms
- Service Worker | How to create custom offline page ?
- How to add active class on click event in custom list group in Bootstrap 4 ?
- How to Create Custom Shape Button using SVG ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet