3D plot in R Language is used to add title, change viewing direction, and add color and shade to the plot. The
persp() function which is used to create 3D surfaces in perspective view. This function will draw perspective plots of a surface over the x–y plane.
persp() is defines as a generic function. Moreover, it can be used to superimpose additional graphical elements on the 3D plot, by
points(), using the function
Syntax: persp(x, y, z)
Parameter: This function accepts different parameters i.e. x, y and z where x and y are vectors defining the location along x- and y-axis. z-axis will be the height of the surface in the matrix z.
Return Value: persp() returns the viewing transformation matrix for projecting 3D coordinates (x, y, z) into the 2D plane using homogeneous 4D coordinates (x, y, z, t).
Example 1: Simple Right Circular Cone
- Here in above code, function
seq()to generate vector of equally spaced numbers.
outer()function to apply the function cone at every combination of x and y.
Example 2: Adding Titles and Labeling Axes to Plot
- Here in above code, xlab, ylab and zlab can be used to label the three axes.
- theta and phi are viewing direction.
Example 3: Visualizing a simple DEM(Digital elevation model)
- Adding Text to Plots in R programming - text() and mtext () Function
- Plotting of Data using Generic plots in R Programming - plot() Function
- Creating a Vector of sequenced elements in R Programming - seq() Function
- Scatter plots in R Language
- R - Stem and Leaf Plots
- Creating a Data Frame from Vectors in R Programming
- R - Creating, Listing, and Deleting Objects in Memory
- Check if a Function is a Primitive Function in R Programming - is.primitive() Function
- Compute Density of the Distribution Function in R Programming - dunif() Function
- Apply a Function over a List of elements in R Programming - lapply() Function
- Search the Interval for Minimum and Maximum of the Function in R Programming - optimize() Function
- Compute the Natural Logarithm of the Absolute Value of Gamma Function in R Programming - lgamma() Function
- Compute the Logarithmic Derivative of the gamma Function in R Programming - digamma() Function
- Compute the Second Derivative of the Logarithmic value of the gamma Function in R Programming - trigamma() Function
- Get the List of Arguments of a Function in R Programming - args() Function
- Recursively apply a Function to a List in R Programming - rapply() function
- Apply a Function over a Ragged Array in R Programming - tapply() Function
- Applying a Function over an Object in R Programming - sapply() Function
- Compute the value of Cauchy Quantile Function in R Programming - qcauchy() Function
- Compute value of Logistic Quantile Function in R Programming - qlogis() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.