Create View refers to a view (logic) to create an instance of a table in the database. It is just like taking an input from a user and storing it in a specified table. Django provides extra-ordinary support for Create Views but let’s check how it is done manually through a function-based view. This article revolves around Create View which involves concepts such as Django Forms, Django Models.
For Create View, we need a project with some models and forms which will be used to create instances of that model.
Django Create View – Function Based Views
Illustration of How to create and use create view using an Example. Consider a project named
geeksforgeeks having an app named
Refer to the following articles to check how to create a project and an app in Django.
After you have a project and an app, let’s create a model of which we will be creating instances through our view. In
After creating this model, we need to run two commands in order to create Database for the same.
Python manage.py makemigrations Python manage.py migrate
Now we will create a Django ModelForm for this model. Refer this article for more on modelform – Django ModelForm – Create form from Models. create a file
forms.py in geeks folder,
Now we have everything ready for back end. Let’s create a view and template for the same. In
Create a template in
Let’s check what is there on http://localhost:8000/
Now let’s try to enter data in this form,
Bingo.! Create view is working and we can verify it using the instance created through the admin panel.
This way one can create create view for a model in Django.
- Update View - Function based Views Django
- Detail View - Function based Views Django
- Delete View - Function based Views Django
- List View - Function based Views Django
- Django CRUD (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete) Function Based Views
- Class Based Generic Views Django (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete)
- Createview - Class Based Views Django
- ListView - Class Based Views Django
- UpdateView - Class Based Views Django
- DetailView - Class Based Views Django
- DeleteView - Class Based Views Django
- FormView - Class Based Views Django
- Views In Django | Python
- Render a HTML Template as Response - Django Views
- Rendering Data-Frame to html template in table view using Django Framework
- Creating views on Pandas DataFrame
- Creating views on Pandas DataFrame | Set - 2
- Python - Obtain title, views and likes of YouTube video using BeautifulSoup
- Pafy - Getting Views Count of the Video
- How to Create a Basic Project using MVT in Django ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.