This article focus on creating a stopwatch using Tkinter in python
Tkinter : Tkinter is the standard GUI library for Python. Python when combined with Tkinter provides a fast and easy way to create GUI applications. Tkinter provides a powerful object-oriented interface to the Tk GUI toolkit. It’s very easy to get started with Tkinter, here are some sample codes to get your hands on Tkinter in python.
Creating Stopwatch using Tkinter
Now lets try to create a program using Tkinter module to create a stopwatch.
A stopwatch is a handheld timepiece designed to measure the amount of time elapsed from a particular time when it is activated to the time when the piece is deactivated. A large digital version of a stopwatch designed for viewing at a distance, as in a sports stadium, is called a stop clock. In manual timing, the clock is started and stopped by a person pressing a button. In fully automatic time, both starting and stopping are triggered automatically, by sensors.
Required Modules: We are only going to use Tkinter for creating GUI and no other libraries will be used in this program.
This article is contributed by Subhajit Saha. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python | Create a stopwatch using clock object in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Create a stopwatch Using Clock Object in kivy
- PyQt5 – Digital StopWatch
- wxPython - Create Radio Button using Create() function
- wxPython - Create Static Box using Create() method
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- Create a Website Alarm Using Python
- Create simple Blockchain using Python
- Python | Create and write on excel file using xlsxwriter module
- Create XML Documents using Python
- Python | Create a dictionary using list with none values
- Python | Create a digital clock using Tkinter
- Python | Create Box Layout widget using .kv file
- Python | Create checkbox using .kv file
- Python Tkinter | Create different type of lines using Canvas class
- Python Tkinter | Create different shapes using Canvas class
- Create a Weather app using Flask | Python
- Create virtual environment using venv | Python
- Python | Create a simple assistant using Wolfram Alpha API.
- Create an empty file using Python
Improved By : kiran_online