Strip Chart is defined as one dimensional scatter plots or dot plots which is used as an alternative to box plot when sample sizes are small. It is created using the
stripchart() function in R Language.
stripchart(x, data = NULL method, jitter )
x: value of data from which the plots are to be produced.
data: a data.frame from which the variables in x value should be taken.
Method: the method is basically used to separate coincident points.
jitter: when method = “jitter” is used, jitter will produce the amount of jittering applied.
- This example make use of ToothGrowth data base
- stripchart() Function is implemented using ToothGrowth data base.
len supp dose 1 4.2 VC 0.5 2 11.5 VC 0.5 3 7.3 VC 0.5 4 5.8 VC 0.5 5 6.4 VC 0.5 6 10.0 VC 0.5 7 11.2 VC 0.5
Above code will print data set
Example 1: Simple Stripchart
Example 2: Plot vertical stripchart
Example 3: Change in point shapes (pch) and colors by groups
Above example will add the main title and axis labels and print colored stripcharts.
- Create a Plot Matrix of Scatterplots in R Programming - pairs() Function
- Plotting Graphs using Two Dimensional List in R Programming
- Two Dimensional List in R Programming
- Create an Object of mode call in R Programming - call() Function
- Create Repetitions of a String in R Programming - strrep() Function
- Create a Data Frame of all the Combinations of Vectors passed as Argument in R Programming - expand.grid() Function
- Create Line Curves for Specified Equations in R Programming - curve() Function
- Create Subsets of a Data frame in R Programming - subset() Function
- Create Quantiles of a Data Set in R Programming - quantile() Function
- Create a Random Sequence of Numbers within t-Distribution in R Programming - rt() Function
- Create a Tabular representation of Data in R Programming - table() Function
- Create an Expression in R Programming - expression() Function
- Create Random Deviates of Uniform Distribution in R Programming - runif() Function
- Create a Range of Colors between the Specified Colors in R Programming - colorRampPalette() Function
- Create a Vector of Colors from a Vector of Gray Levels in R Programming - gray() or grey() Function
- Create a Vector of Colors with specified Hue, Chroma and Luminance in R Programming - hcl() Function
- Create a Vector of Colors with specified Hue, Saturation and Value in R Programming - hsv() Function
- Create a Range of Contiguous Colors Clustered around the Red Spectrum of the RGB Scale in R Programming - heat.colors() Function
- Create a Heatmap in R Programming - heatmap() Function
- Create Dot Charts in R Programming - dotchart () Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.