Prerequisites: Python GUI – tkinter
YouTube is a very popular video-sharing website. Downloading a video’s/playlist from YouTube is a tedious task. Downloading that video through Downloader or trying to download it from a random website which increase’s the risk of licking your personal data. Using the Python Tkinter package, this task is very simple-efficient-safe. Few bunch codes will download the video for you. For this, there are two Python libraries – Tkinterand pytube.
- pytube :pytube is a light-weight, simple-to-use, dependency-free Python library which is used for downloading videos from the web.pytube, is not the auto-configured library. You need to install it before using it. Installation of pytube is easy when you have pip. In the Terminal or Command Prompt, type the following command to install pytube.
If you are on Mac OS X or Linux, chances are that one of the following two commands will work for you:
pip install pytube
git clone git://github.com/NFicano/pytube.git pytube | cd pytube | python setup.py install
If you are on Window’s
pip install pytube3
- Tkinter :Tkinter is a Python binding to the Tk GUI toolkit. It is the standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit or in simple word Tkinter is used for as Python Graphical User interface. Tkinter is the native library, you don’t need to install externally, just import, while you use.
Below is the implementation.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - Obtain title, views and likes of YouTube video using BeautifulSoup
- Playing Youtube Video using Python
- Downloading files from web using Python
- PyQt5 - How to automate Progress Bar while downloading using urllib?
- Pafy - Downloading Stream
- Python | Create a GUI Marksheet using Tkinter
- Create a GUI to convert CSV file into excel file using Python
- Create First GUI Application using Python-Tkinter
- Create Copy-Move GUI using Tkinter in Python
- Create a GUI for Weather Forecast using openweathermap API in Python
- Create a GUI to get Sunset and Sunrise time using Python.
- Create a GUI to search bank information with IFSC Code using Python
- Create a GUI to Extract information from VIN number Using Python
- Create a GUI to extract Lyrics from song Using Python
- Create a GUI to find the IP for Domain names using Python
- Create a GUI to check Domain Availability using Tkinter
- Create a GUI to Get Domain Information Using Tkinter
- Create GUI to Web Scrape articles in Python
- How to create a COVID19 Data Representation GUI?
- YouTube Media/Audio Download using Python | pafy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.