Laptop or P.C battery charging is always a tension. We often forget to charge our laptop and seem to check the battery. This article demonstrates how to create a simple Battery Notifier application using Python. A battery notifier is a simple application that produces a notification message in the form of a pop-up message on the desktop. With Python, we can do so with the help of psutil library and plyer library.
- psutil(python system and process utilities): It is a cross-platform for retrieving information on running processes and system utilization in python
pip install psutil
- plyer: Plyer module is used to access the features of the hardware. This module does not comes built-in with Python. We need to install it externally. To install this module type the below command in the terminal.
pip install plyer
Step 1) Import the notification class from the plyer module
from plyer import notification
Step 2) After that you just need to call the notify method of this class.
Syntax: notify(title=”, message=”, app_name=”, app_icon=”, timeout=10, ticker=”, toast=False)
- title (str) – Title of the notification
- message (str) – Message of the notification
- app_name (str) – Name of the app launching this notification
- app_icon (str) – Icon to be displayed along with the message
- timeout (int) – time to display the message for, defaults to 10
- ticker (str) – text to display on status bar as the notification arrives
- toast (bool) – simple Android message instead of full notification
Step 3) Add the sleep function to show that notification again.
Below is the implementation.
Note: The time in the sleep function has been reduced to record the output window.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.