Prerequisite : Flask installation
Flask is a lightweight framework written in Python. It is lightweight because it does not require particular tools or libraries and allow rapid web development. today we will create a weather app using flask as a web framework. this weather web app will provide current weather updates of cities searched.
Basic setup :
Create a file and name it as weather.py
Linux command to create a file
Now, create a folder templates with a file name
Linux command to create a folder and a file
mkdir templates && cd templates && touch index.html
The project folder will look like :
Editing files :
Use your own API key from Weather API and place it in API variable. Now edit
Navigate to templates/index.html and edit it: link to the index file.
Now you can run the server to see the weather app –
- Weather app using Django | Python
- Python | Find current weather of any city using openweathermap API
- Python | Real time weather detection using Tkinter
- Subdomain in Flask | Python
- Python | Using for loop in Flask
- Python | 404 Error handling in Flask
- Python | Build a REST API using Flask
- Python | Introduction to Web development using Flask
- Todo list app using Flask | Python
- Deploy Python Flask App on Heroku
- Node.js | Dark Sky API for Weather Forecasts
- How to get daily weather notification on mobile using Node.js and Twilio API ?
- Dockerize your Flask App
- Differences Between Django vs Flask
- Deploying a TensorFlow 2.1 CNN model on the web with Flask
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.