Creating a strong password is often a time-consuming task and even after creating a good password by yourself it gets brute-forced by hackers. In this article, we will learn how to create a strong password which fulfills all requirements including symbols, capitals length etc using a simple shell script in Linux.
How to create a password generator using shell script ?
This a simple short and quick method, just open the nano editor with
.sh file using this command –
You can use any name of the file.
Save the file and give executable permission using
sudo chmod +x command and run the script.
- Introduction to Linux Shell and Shell Scripting
- Array Basics Shell Scripting | Set 2 (Using Loops)
- How to check if a directory or a file exists in system or not using Shell Scripting?
- Array Basics in Shell Scripting | Set 1
- Basic Operators in Shell Scripting
- Leap Year Program with Bash Shell Scripting in Windows
- Basics of Batch Scripting
- Calculator Program with Batch Scripting in Windows
- Implementing Directory Management using Shell Script
- Automated Recursive Encryption in a Directory Using Shell Script
- Getting System and Process Information Using C Programming and Shell in Linux
- How to find time taken by a command/program on Linux Shell?
- Making your own Linux Shell in C
- A Shell program To Find The GCD | Linux
- Reverse a String | Shell Programming
- Bash shell script to find sum of digits
- Developing a Linux based shell
- Bash shell script to swap two numbers
- Looping Statements | Shell Script
- Conditional Statements | Shell Script
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.