Creating a strong password is often a time-consuming task and even after creating a good password by yourself it gets brute-forced by hackers. In this article, we will learn how to create a strong password which fulfills all requirements including symbols, capitals length etc using a simple shell script in Linux.
How to create a password generator using shell script ?
This a simple short and quick method, just open the nano editor with
.sh file using this command –
You can use any name of the file.
Save the file and give executable permission using
sudo chmod +x command and run the script.
- How to find time taken by a command/program on Linux Shell?
- Create Directory or Folder with C/C++ Program
- Reset a lost Linux administrative password and Explanation
- Introduction to Linux Shell and Shell Scripting
- Making your own Linux Shell in C
- Resetting a root password in Linux without external media
- A Shell program To Find The GCD | Linux
- Create a shared Folder between Host OS and Guest OS ( Virtual Box)
- Reverse a String | Shell Programming
- Array Basics Shell Scripting | Set 2 (Using Loops)
- Array Basics in Shell Scripting | Set 1
- Bash shell script to find sum of digits
- Developing a Linux based shell
- Bash shell script to swap two numbers
- Looping Statements | Shell Script
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.