Pandas Series is a one-dimensional labelled array capable of holding any data type (integers, strings, floating point numbers, Python objects, etc.). It has to be remembered that unlike Python lists, a Series will always contain data of the same type.
Let’s see how to create a Pandas Series from the array.
Method #1:Create a series from array without index.
In this case as no index is passed, so by default index will be
range(n) where n is array length.
0 a 1 b 2 c 3 d 4 e dtype: object
Method #2: Create a series from array with index.
In this case we will pass index as a parameter to the constructor.
1000 a 1001 b 1002 c 1003 d 1004 e dtype: object
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Add a Pandas series to another Pandas series
- Python | Pandas series.cumprod() to find Cumulative product of a Series
- Python | Pandas Series.str.replace() to replace text in a series
- Python | Pandas Series.astype() to convert Data type of series
- Python | Pandas Series.cumsum() to find cumulative sum of a Series
- Python | Pandas series.cummax() to find Cumulative maximum of a series
- Python | Pandas Series.cummin() to find cumulative minimum of a series
- Python | Pandas Series.nonzero() to get Index of all non zero values in a series
- Python | Pandas Series.mad() to calculate Mean Absolute Deviation of a Series
- Convert a series of date strings to a time series in Pandas Dataframe
- Convert Series of lists to one Series in Pandas
- Converting Series of lists to one Series in Pandas
- Pandas - Get the elements of series that are not present in other series
- Create Pandas Series using NumPy functions
- Create the Mean and Standard Deviation of the Data of a Pandas Series
- Creating Series from list, dictionary, and numpy array in Pandas
- Convert a NumPy array to a Pandas series
- Create a Pandas DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- Create and display a one-dimensional array-like object using Pandas in Python
- Python IMDbPY – Getting series details fro the series id
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.