In this article, we will learn how to create a Numpy array filled with all zeros, given the shape and type of array.
We can use Numpy.zeros() method to do this task. This method takes three parameters, discussed below –
shape : integer or sequence of integers order : C_contiguous or F_contiguous C-contiguous order in memory(last index varies the fastest) C order means that operating row-rise on the array will be slightly quicker FORTRAN-contiguous order in memory (first index varies the fastest). F order means that column-wise operations will be faster. dtype : [optional, float(byDeafult)] Data type of returned array.
Matrix a : [0 0 0] Matrix b : [[0 0 0] [0 0 0] [0 0 0]]
Matrix c : [[ 0. 0. 0.] [ 0. 0. 0.] [ 0. 0. 0.] [ 0. 0. 0.] [ 0. 0. 0.]] Matrix d : [[ 0. 0.] [ 0. 0.] [ 0. 0.] [ 0. 0.] [ 0. 0.]]
- Create a Numpy array filled with all ones
- numpy.ma.filled() function - Python
- Numpy MaskedArray.filled() method - Python
- Create a Numpy array with random values | Python
- numpy.zeros() in Python
- numpy.matlib.zeros() function | Python
- numpy matrix operations | zeros() function
- Create a DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- Python | Multiply 2d numpy array corresponding to 1d array
- Python - Built-in array vs NumPy array
- Python | Flatten a 2d numpy array into 1d array
- Filled area chart using plotly in Python
- How to draw color filled star in Python-Turtle?
- Make filled polygons between two curves in Python using Matplotlib
- Draw Color Filled Shapes in Turtle - Python
- Python: Numpy's Structured Array
- How to sort a Numpy Array | Python
- Python | Reverse a numpy array
- Make filled polygons between two horizontal curves in Python using Matplotlib
- Python | Replace negative value with zero in numpy array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.