heatmap() function in R Language is used to plot a heatmap. Heatmap is defined as a graphical representation of data using colors to visualize the value of the matrix. In this to represent more common values or higher activities brighter colors basically reddish colors are used and to less common or activity values darker colors are preferred. Heatmap is also defined by the name of the shading matrix.
data: It represent matrix data, such as values of rows and columns
Return: This function draws a heatmap.
Here, in above example number of rows and columns are specified to draw heatmap with a given function.
In the above example heat map is drawn by using colorRampPalette to merge two different colors.
- Create an Object of mode call in R Programming - call() Function
- Create Repetitions of a String in R Programming - strrep() Function
- Create a Data Frame of all the Combinations of Vectors passed as Argument in R Programming - expand.grid() Function
- Create Line Curves for Specified Equations in R Programming - curve() Function
- Create Subsets of a Data frame in R Programming - subset() Function
- Create Quantiles of a Data Set in R Programming - quantile() Function
- Create a Random Sequence of Numbers within t-Distribution in R Programming - rt() Function
- Create a Tabular representation of Data in R Programming - table() Function
- Create an Expression in R Programming - expression() Function
- Create Random Deviates of Uniform Distribution in R Programming - runif() Function
- Create a Range of Colors between the Specified Colors in R Programming - colorRampPalette() Function
- Create a Plot Matrix of Scatterplots in R Programming - pairs() Function
- Create a Vector of Colors from a Vector of Gray Levels in R Programming - gray() or grey() Function
- Create a Vector of Colors with specified Hue, Chroma and Luminance in R Programming - hcl() Function
- Create a Vector of Colors with specified Hue, Saturation and Value in R Programming - hsv() Function
- Create a Range of Contiguous Colors Clustered around the Red Spectrum of the RGB Scale in R Programming - heat.colors() Function
- Create One Dimensional Scatterplots in R Programming - stripchart() Function
- Create Dot Charts in R Programming - dotchart () Function
- Create Matrix and Data Frame from Lists in R Programming
- Check if a Function is a Primitive Function in R Programming - is.primitive() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.