Given a number n, the task is to find the even factor sum of a number.
Input : 30 Output : 48 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 10 + 30 = 48 Input : 18 Output : 26 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 18 = 26
Let p1, p2, … pk be prime factors of n. Let a1, a2, .. ak be highest powers of p1, p2, .. pk respectively that divide n, i.e., we can write n as n = (p1a1)*(p2a2)* … (pkak).
Sum of divisors = (1 + p1 + p12 ... p1a1) * (1 + p2 + p22 ... p2a2) * ........................... (1 + pk + pk2 ... pkak)
If number is odd, then there are no even factors, so we simply return 0.
If number is even, we use above formula. We only need to ignore 20. All other terms multiply to produce even factor sum. For example, consider n = 18. It can be written as 2132 and sun of all factors is (20 + 21)*(30 + 31 + 32). if we remove 20 then we get the
Sum of even factors (2)*(1+3+32) = 26.
To remove odd number in even factor, we ignore then 20 whaich is 1. After this step, we only get even factors. Note that 2 is the only even prime.
Please refer complete article on Find sum of even factors of a number for more details!
- Number which has the maximum number of distinct prime factors in the range M to N
- Program to find the number of men initially
- C++ Program for How to check if a given number is Fibonacci number?
- Count common prime factors of two numbers
- Count numbers from range whose prime factors are only 2 and 3
- Program to find the value of tan(nΘ)
- Program to find the value of sin(nΘ)
- Program to find sum of the given sequence
- Program to find Sum of the series 1*3 + 3*5 + ....
- C++ Program to find whether a no is power of two
- C++ Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +.......+ n/n!
- Program to find LCM of two Fibonnaci Numbers
- Program to find Nth term in the series 0, 0, 2, 1, 4, 2, 6, 3, 8,...
- Program to find N-th term of series 3, 5, 33, 35, 53....
- Program to find N-th term of the series a, b, b, c, c, c,.......