Given a number n, the task is to find the even factor sum of a number.
Input : 30 Output : 48 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 10 + 30 = 48 Input : 18 Output : 26 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 18 = 26
Let p1, p2, … pk be prime factors of n. Let a1, a2, .. ak be highest powers of p1, p2, .. pk respectively that divide n, i.e., we can write n as n = (p1a1)*(p2a2)* … (pkak).
Sum of divisors = (1 + p1 + p12 ... p1a1) * (1 + p2 + p22 ... p2a2) * ........................... (1 + pk + pk2 ... pkak)
If number is odd, then there are no even factors, so we simply return 0.
If number is even, we use above formula. We only need to ignore 20. All other terms multiply to produce even factor sum. For example, consider n = 18. It can be written as 2132 and sun of all factors is (20 + 21)*(30 + 31 + 32). if we remove 20 then we get the
Sum of even factors (2)*(1+3+32) = 26.
To remove odd number in even factor, we ignore then 20 whaich is 1. After this step, we only get even factors. Note that 2 is the only even prime.
Please refer complete article on Find sum of even factors of a number for more details!
- Create Directory or Folder with C/C++ Program
- C Program to Swap two Numbers
- Maximum number of 3-person teams formed from two groups
- C++ Program to concatenate two strings using Operator Overloading
- C++ Program to implement Symbol Table
- C++ Program for Bubble Sort
- C++ Program for Heap Sort
- C/C++ Program for n-th Fibonacci number
- C++ Program for ShellSort
- C++ Program for Longest Common Subsequence
- Greatest divisor which divides all natural number in range [L, R]
- C/C++ Program for Longest Increasing Subsequence
- C++ Program for Longest Increasing Subsequence
- C++ Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- C++ Program for Common Divisors of Two Numbers