Integers X and K are given. The task is to find highest K-digit number divisible by X.
Input : X = 30, K = 3 Output : 990 990 is the largest three digit number divisible by 30. Input : X = 7, K = 2 Output : 98
An efficient solution is to use below formula.
ans = MAX - (MAX % X) where MAX is the largest K digit number which is 999...K-times
The formula works on simple school method division. We remove remainder to get the largest divisible number.
Please refer complete article on Largest K digit number divisible by X for more details!
- Java Program for Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Largest N digit number divisible by given three numbers
- C++ Program for Smallest K digit number divisible by X
- Java Program for Smallest K digit number divisible by X
- Largest number less than N with digit sum greater than the digit sum of N
- Find nth number that contains the digit k or divisible by k.
- Sum of n digit numbers divisible by a given number
- Smallest K digit number divisible by X
- Count n digit numbers divisible by given number
- Smallest n digit number divisible by given three numbers
- Largest and smallest digit of a number
- Largest even digit number not greater than N
- Print digit's position to be removed to make a number divisible by 6
- Largest number with the given set of N digits that is divisible by 2, 3 and 5