Given a number ‘n’, how to check if n is a Fibonacci number. First few Fibonacci numbers are 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 141, ..
Input : 8 Output : Yes Input : 34 Output : Yes Input : 41 Output : No
Following is an interesting property about Fibonacci numbers that can also be used to check if a given number is Fibonacci or not.
A number is Fibonacci if and only if one or both of (5*n2 + 4) or (5*n2 – 4) is a perfect square (Source: Wiki).
1 is a Fibonacci Number 2 is a Fibonacci Number 3 is a Fibonacci Number 4 is a not Fibonacci Number 5 is a Fibonacci Number 6 is a not Fibonacci Number 7 is a not Fibonacci Number 8 is a Fibonacci Number 9 is a not Fibonacci Number 10 is a not Fibonacci Number
Please refer complete article on How to check if a given number is Fibonacci number? for more details!
- C/C++ Program for n-th Fibonacci number
- Check if given number is perfect square
- C++ Program for Zeckendorf\'s Theorem (Non-Neighbouring Fibonacci Representation)
- TCS Coding Practice Question | Check Armstrong Number
- Program for n-th even number
- C++ Program to find sum of even factors of a number
- Program to find the number of men initially
- C++ program to generate random number
- Program to delete Nth digit of a Number
- C++ Program for Largest K digit number divisible by X
- C++ Program for Smallest K digit number divisible by X
- Program to print half diamond Number-Star pattern
- Program to count Number of connected components in an undirected graph
- Number which has the maximum number of distinct prime factors in the range M to N
- Program to delete a line given the line number from a file