count_if() function returns the number of elements in a range that satisfy the condition.
Input: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Output: Total no of even numbers is: 5 Input: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Output: Total no of even numbers is: 6
count_if(lower_bound, upper_bound, function)
The count_if function takes three parameters, the first two of which are the first and the last position of the sequence of the elements (where the last position is not included in the range) while the third parameter is the function that takes the element of given sequence one by one as a parameter and returns a boolean value on the basis of condition
specified in that function.
Then, count_if() returns the number of elements in the given sequence for which the comparator function
(third parameter) returns true.
Total no of even numbers is: 5
Rated as one of the most sought after skills in the industry, own the basics of coding with our C++ STL Course and master the very concepts by intense problem-solving.
- Kruskal's Minimum Spanning Tree using STL in C++
- Dijkstra’s shortest path algorithm using set in STL
- Dijkstra's Shortest Path Algorithm using priority_queue of STL
- Prim's algorithm using priority_queue in STL
- unordered_map in C++ STL
- fill() and fill_n() functions in C++ STL
- std::transform() in C++ STL (Perform an operation on all elements)
- Permutations of a given string using STL
- Array algorithms in C++ STL (all_of, any_of, none_of, copy_n and iota)
- Iterators in C++ STL
- accumulate() and partial_sum() in C++ STL : numeric header
- std::partition in C++ STL
- Merge operations using STL in C++ | merge(), includes(), set_union(), set_intersection(), set_difference(), ., inplace_merge,
- Heap in C++ STL | make_heap(), push_heap(), pop_heap(), sort_heap(), is_heap, is_heap_until()
- numeric header in C++ STL | Set 2 (adjacent_difference(), inner_product() and iota())
- Counts of distinct consecutive sub-string of length two using C++ STL
- Graph implementation using STL for competitive programming | Set 1 (DFS of Unweighted and Undirected)
- Graph implementation using STL for competitive programming | Set 2 (Weighted graph)
- How to insert elements in C++ STL List ?
- Delete elements in C++ STL list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.