Given a tree, and the weights (in the form of strings) of all the nodes, the task is to count the nodes whose weights are palindrome.
Input: Output: 3 Only the weights of the nodes 2, 3 and 5 are palindromes.
Approach: Perform dfs on the tree and for every node, check if it’s string is palindrome or not. If yes then increment the count.
- Time Complexity: O(N*Len) where Len is the maximum length of the weighted string of a node in the given tree.
In DFS, every node of the tree is processed once and hence the complexity due to the DFS is O(N) for N nodes in the tree. Also, processing of every node involves traversing the weighted string of that node once, thus adding a complexity of O(Len) where Len is the length of the weighted string. Therefore, the total time complexity is O(N*Len).
- Auxiliary Space: O(1).
Any extra space is not required, so the space complexity is constant.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count of leaf nodes of the tree whose weighted string is a palindrome
- Count the nodes of a tree whose weighted string is an anagram of the given string
- Count the nodes of a tree whose weighted string does not contain any duplicate characters
- Count the nodes of the tree whose weighted string contains a vowel
- Minimum difference between any two weighted nodes in Sum Tree of the given Tree
- Find the root of the sub-tree whose weighted sum XOR with X is maximum
- Find the root of the sub-tree whose weighted sum is minimum
- Find the root of the sub-tree whose weighted sum XOR with X is minimum
- Minimum distance to visit all the nodes of an undirected weighted tree
- Maximum weighted edge in path between two nodes in an N-ary tree using binary lifting
- Count the nodes of the tree which make a pangram when concatenated with the sub-tree nodes
- Count of all prime weight nodes between given nodes in the given Tree
- Count substrings of a given string whose anagram is a palindrome
- Count of root to leaf paths whose permutation is palindrome in a Binary Tree
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is prime
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is even
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is a power of two
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is even parity
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose sum of digits of weight is odd
- Count the nodes of the given tree whose weight has X as a factor
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.