Given a tree and the weights of all the nodes, the task is to count the number of nodes whose weights are even parity i.e. whether the count of set bits in them is even.
Weight Binary Representation Parity 5 0101 Even 10 1010 Even 11 1011 Odd 8 1000 Odd 6 0110 Even
Approach: Perform dfs on the tree and for every node, check if it’s weight is even parity or not. If yes then increment count.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Time Complexity: O(N).
In DFS, every node of the tree is processed once and hence the complexity due to the DFS is O(N) for N nodes in the tree. Therefore, the time complexity is O(N).
- Auxiliary Space: O(1).
Any extra space is not required, so the space complexity is constant.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is even
- Count number of paths whose weight is exactly X and has at-least one edge of weight M
- Count of all prime weight nodes between given nodes in the given Tree
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is prime
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is a power of two
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose sum of digits of weight is odd
- Count the nodes of the given tree whose weight has X as a factor
- Count nodes in the given tree whose weight is a fibonacci number
- Count the nodes in the given Tree whose weight is a Perfect Number
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is a powerful number
- Count the nodes whose weight is a perfect square
- Count of Nodes which has Prime Digit sum weight in a Tree
- Query to find the maximum and minimum weight between two nodes in the given tree using LCA.
- Count of odd and even parity elements in subarray using MO's algorithm
- Query to count odd and even parity elements in subarray after XOR with K
- Print even positioned nodes of even levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Sum of elements from an array having even parity
- Count the nodes of the tree which make a pangram when concatenated with the sub-tree nodes
- Count the nodes of the given tree whose weighted string is a palindrome
- Count the nodes of a tree whose weighted string is an anagram of the given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.