Given a number N, the task is to count all ‘a’ and ‘b’ that satisfy the condition a^2 + b^2 = N.
Note:- (a, b) and (b, a) are to be considered as two different pairs and (a, a) is also valid and to be considered only one time.
Input: N = 10 Output: 2 1^2 + 3^2 = 9 3^2 + 1^2 = 9 Input: N = 8 Output: 1 2^2 + 2^2 = 8
- Traverse numbers from 1 to square root of N.
- Subtract square of the current number from N and check if their difference is a perfect square or not.
- If it is perfect square then increment the count.
- Return count.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
For n = 1, 1 pair exists For n = 2, 1 pair exists For n = 3, 0 pair exists For n = 4, 1 pair exists For n = 5, 2 pair exists For n = 6, 0 pair exists For n = 7, 0 pair exists For n = 8, 1 pair exists For n = 9, 1 pair exists For n = 10, 2 pair exists
Time Complexity : O(sqrt(N))
- Count Magic squares in a grid
- Count number of squares in a rectangle
- Sum of the count of number of adjacent squares in an M X N grid
- Count squares with odd side length in Chessboard
- Count number less than N which are product of perfect squares
- Program to count number of distinct Squares and Cubes upto N
- Count the total number of squares that can be visited by Bishop in one move
- Count pairs with Odd XOR
- Count pairs with given sum | Set 2
- Count of pairs of (i, j) such that ((n % i) % j) % n is maximized
- Count of pairs (x, y) in an array such that x < y
- Count pairs (a, b) whose sum of cubes is N (a^3 + b^3 = N)
- Count pairs (i,j) such that (i+j) is divisible by A and B both
- Count of pairs from 1 to a and 1 to b whose sum is divisible by N
- Count Pairs from two arrays with even sum
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.