Given a string str and a character c. The task is to find the number of sub-strings that do not consist of the character c.
Input: str = “baa”, c = ‘b’
The sub-strings are “a”, “a” and “aa”
Input: str = “ababaa”, C = ‘b’
Approach: Initially take a counter that counts the number of characters continuously with no character c. Iterate in the string and increase the counter till str[i] != c. Once str[i] == c, the number of sub-strings from the contiguous length cnt will be (cnt * (cnt + 1)) / 2. After the complete traversal of the string also add (cnt *(cnt + 1)) / 2 to the result for the group of characters appearing after the last occurrence of c.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Count substrings that starts with character X and ends with character Y
- Count all substrings having character K
- Count of substrings which contains a given character K times
- Number of substrings with count of each character as k
- Count substrings with each character occurring at most k times
- Print Kth character in sorted concatenated substrings of a string
- Find the count of M character words which have at least one character repeated
- Count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- Count of substrings of a binary string containing K ones
- Count Substrings with equal number of 0s, 1s and 2s
- Count of total anagram substrings
- Count number of distinct substrings of a given length
- Count of Palindromic substrings in an Index range
- Recursive solution to count substrings with same first and last characters
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.