Given a string str and a character X. The task is to find the total number of sub-strings that contain the character X at least once.
Input: str = “abcd”, X = ‘b’
“ab”, “abc”, “abcd”, “b”, “bc” and “bcd” are the required sub-strings.
Input: str = “geeksforgeeks”, X = ‘e’
Approach: Total number of sub-strings are n * (n + 1) / 2, among them only those sub-strings need to be counted which contain character X. Character X is present in those sub-strings from position of X to the length of the string. For each character before X this sub-string must be counted.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count substrings that starts with character X and ends with character Y
- Minimize length of Substrings containing at least one common Character
- Count distinct substrings that contain some characters at most k times
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- Count of strings that can be formed from another string using each character at-most once
- Modify the string such that it contains all vowels at least once
- Find substrings that contain all vowels
- Count of Substrings with at least K pairwise Distinct Characters having same Frequency
- Minimum bit flips such that every K consecutive bits contain at least one set bit
- Number of substrings with count of each character as k
- Count substrings with each character occurring at most k times
- Count of substrings which contains a given character K times
- Count all substrings having character K
- Count of substrings containing only the given character
- Number of sub-strings that contain the given character exactly k times
- Check if a String contains Anagrams of length K which does not contain the character X
- Print Kth character in sorted concatenated substrings of a string
- Maximize partitions such that no two substrings have any common character
- Longest subsequence where every character appears at-least k times
- Lexicographically largest subsequence such that every character occurs at least k times
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.