Given an N x M matrix of integers, the task is to count the number of palindromic pluses in the array.
Palindromic plus is formed when a palindromic sub-row and palindromic sub-column cross each other at the middle element.
Input: matrix = [[1, 2, 1], [2, 3, 2], [3, 2, 1]]
Palindromic row from (1, 0) – > (1, 2) and Palindromic column (0, 1) -> (2, 1) form a palindromic plus.
Input: matrix = [[1, 2, 1, 3], [2, 3, 2, 3], [3, 2, 1, 4]
The palindromic pluses in the given matrix are:
To solve the problem, follow the steps below:
- Traverse all the cells that can be the center of a palindromic plus, that is, all the cells apart from the ones belonging to the first and last row and columns.
- For all these cells (i, j), check if a[i][j – 1] is equal to a[i][j + 1] and a[i – 1][j] is equal to a[i + 1][j]. If both the conditions satisfies, then increase the count of palindromic pluses.
- Print the final count of palindromic pluses.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N2)
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
- Minimum steps to convert all paths in matrix from top left to bottom right as palindromic paths | Set 2
- Minimum steps to convert all paths in matrix from top left to bottom right as palindromic paths
- Number of palindromic paths in a matrix
- Print all palindromic paths from top left to bottom right in a matrix
- Printing string in plus ‘+’ pattern in the matrix
- Longest Palindromic Substring using Palindromic Tree | Set 3
- Make palindromic string non-palindromic by rearranging its letters
- Minimum cuts required to convert a palindromic string to a different palindromic string
- Count all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a mXn matrix
- Minimize count of unique paths from top left to bottom right of a Matrix by placing K 1s
- Count all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a Matrix without crossing the diagonal
- Sum of cost of all paths to reach a given cell in a Matrix
- Count of odd length contiguous Palindromic sequences in a Matrix
- Find the maximum sum of Plus shape pattern in a 2-D array
- Count of paths in given Binary Tree with odd bitwise AND for Q queries
- Print all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a mXn matrix
- Maths behind number of paths in matrix problem
- Total number of decreasing paths in a matrix
- Print all paths from top left to bottom right in a matrix with four moves allowed
- Paths from entry to exit in matrix and maximum path sum
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.