Given an integer N, the task is to find the count of natural octal numbers up to N digits.
Input: N = 1
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 are 1 digit Natural Octal numbers.
Input: N = 2
There are a total of 56 two digit octal numbers and 7 one digit octal numbers. Therefore, 56 + 7 = 63.
Approach: On observing carefully, a geometric progression series is formed [ 7 56 448 3584 28672 229376… ] with the first term being 7 and a common ratio of 8.
Nth term = Number of Octal numbers of N digits = 7 * 8N - 1
Finally, count of all octal numbers up to N digits can be found out by iterating a loop from 1 to N and calculating the sum of ith term using the above formula.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count of numbers upto N digits formed using digits 0 to K-1 without any adjacent 0s
- Count of numbers upto N having absolute difference of at most K between any two adjacent digits
- Count of numbers upto M divisible by given Prime Numbers
- Maximize count of equal numbers in Array of numbers upto N by replacing pairs with their sum
- Numbers of Length N having digits A and B and whose sum of digits contain only digits A and B
- Count numbers < = N whose difference with the count of primes upto them is > = K
- Largest Even and Odd N-digit numbers in Octal Number System
- Largest and Smallest N-digit Octal Numbers
- Count numbers upto N which are both perfect square and perfect cube
- Count of numbers upto M with GCD equals to K when paired with M
- Minimum digits to be removed to make either all digits or alternating digits same
- Count of all values of N in [L, R] such that count of primes upto N is also prime
- Check if number is palindrome or not in Octal
- Check if Decimal representation of an Octal number is divisible by 7
- Program to Convert Octal Number to Binary Number
- Largest N digit Octal number which is a Perfect square
- Check if an Octal number is Even or Odd
- Program to Convert Octal to Hexadecimal
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Count numbers in given range such that sum of even digits is greater than sum of odd digits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : AnkitRai01