Given two integers M and K, the task is to count the number of integers between [0, M] such that GCD of that integer with M equals to K.
Input: M = 9, K = 1
The possible numbers such that when paired with 9, there GCD is 1, are 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8.
Input: M = 10, K = 5
- Integers having GCD K with M will be of the form K, 2K, 3K, …..and so on up to M.
- Let’s consider the coefficients of K i.e 1, 2, 3, 4…up to (M/K).
- Now we just have to find the count of such coefficients which have GCD with the number (M/K) = 1. So now problem reduces to find the number of integers between 1 to (M/K) having Gcd with (m/k) = 1.
- To find this we will use the Euler totient function of (M/K).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Sum of GCD of all numbers upto N with N itself
- Maximize count of equal numbers in Array of numbers upto N by replacing pairs with their sum
- Series with largest GCD and sum equals to n
- Find the number of pairs such that their gcd is equals to 1
- Print any pair of integers with sum of GCD and LCM equals to N
- Count of Octal numbers upto N digits
- Print N lines of 4 numbers such that every pair among 4 numbers has a GCD K
- Count pairs of natural numbers with GCD equal to given number
- Count numbers in a range having GCD of powers of prime factors equal to 1
- Program to count number of distinct Squares and Cubes upto N
- Count of pairs upto N such whose LCM is not equal to their product for Q queries
- Count rows/columns with sum equals to diagonal sum
- GCD and Fibonacci Numbers
- GCD of two numbers formed by n repeating x and y times
- GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- Finding LCM of more than two (or array) numbers without using GCD
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers
- Queries for GCD of all numbers of an array except elements in a given range
- C++ Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- Java Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.