Given a large integer as a string str, the task is find the number of matchsticks required to represent it.
Input: str = “56”
5 sticks are required to represent 5 and
6 sticks are required to represent 6.
Input: str = “548712458645878”
Approach: Store the count of match sticks required to represent every digit from 0 to 9 in an array sticks. Now traverse the given string digit by digit and add the count of sticks required for the current digit.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(n)
- Minimum number of given powers of 2 required to represent a number
- Count the number of operations required to reduce the given number
- Count the number of carry operations required to add two numbers
- 21 Matchsticks Problem
- Represent the given number as the sum of two composite numbers
- Represent a number as sum of minimum possible psuedobinary numbers
- Maximum number of distinct positive integers that can be used to represent N
- Count operations of the given type required to reduce N to 0
- Count of lines required to write the given String
- Minimum number of given operation required to convert n to m
- Minimum number of changes required to make the given array an AP
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Number of moves required to guess a permutation.
- Minimum number of operations required to reduce N to 1
- Number of steps required to reach point (x,y) from (0,0) using zig-zag way
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.