Given an integer N, the task is to find the count of total distinct remainders which can be obtained when N is divided by every element from the range [1, N].
Input: N = 5
5 % 1 = 0
5 % 2 = 1
5 % 3 = 2
5 % 4 = 1
5 % 5 = 0
The distinct remainders are 0, 1 and 2.
Input: N = 44
Approach: It can be easily observed that for even values of N the number of distinct remainders will be N / 2 and for odd values of N it will be 1 + ⌊N / 2⌋.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(1)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find all the possible remainders when N is divided by all positive integers from 1 to N+1
- Check if N leaves only distinct remainders on division by all values up to K
- Minimum operations to make counts of remainders same in an array
- Find all the possible numbers in a range that can be evenly divided by its digits
- Largest number by which given 3 numbers should be divided such that they leaves same remainder
- Count of integers obtained by replacing ? in the given string that give remainder 5 when divided by 13
- Count of Array elements to be divided by 2 to make at least K elements equal
- Number of ways to obtain each numbers in range [1, b+c] by adding any two numbers in range [a, b] and [b, c]
- Count of N-digit numbers with all distinct digits
- Find two distinct numbers such that their LCM lies in given range
- All possible co-prime distinct element pairs within a range [L, R]
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Program to find remainder when large number is divided by 11
- First N natural can be divided into two sets with given difference and co-prime sums
- Newton's Divided Difference Interpolation Formula
- Program to find remainder when large number is divided by r
- Minimum Cuts can be made in the Chessboard such that it is not divided into 2 parts
- Find the sums for which an array can be divided into sub-arrays of equal sum
- Minimize the sum of the squares of the sum of elements of each group the array is divided into
- Check if an array of 1s and 2s can be divided into 2 parts with equal sum
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.