Given two numbers L and R, the task is to count the number of odd numbers in the range L to R.
Input: l = 3, r = 7
Output: 3 2
Count of odd numbers is 3 i.e. 3, 5, 7
Count of even numbers is 2 i.e. 4, 6
Input: l = 4, r = 8
Approach: Total numbers in the range will be (R – L + 1) i.e. N.
- If N is even then the count of both odd and even numbers will be N/2.
- If N is odd,
- If L or R is odd, then the count of odd number will be N/2 + 1 and even numbers = N – countofOdd.
- Else, count of odd numbers will be N/2 and even numbers = N – countofOdd.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Count of odd numbers is 3 Count of even numbers is 2
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count of integers in a range which have even number of odd digits and odd number of even digits
- Check if a number has an odd count of odd divisors and even count of even divisors
- Count Numbers in Range with difference between Sum of digits at even and odd positions as Prime
- Count numbers in given range such that sum of even digits is greater than sum of odd digits
- Sum of elements in range L-R where first half and second half is filled with odd and even numbers
- Count of N-digit Numbers having Sum of even and odd positioned digits divisible by given numbers
- Print even and odd numbers in a given range using recursion
- Sum of range in a series of first odd then even natural numbers
- Check whether XOR of all numbers in a given range is even or odd
- Generate an array of given size with equal count and sum of odd and even numbers
- Count total number of N digit numbers such that the difference between sum of even and odd digits is 1
- Python program to count Even and Odd numbers in a List
- Count set bits in the Kth number after segregating even and odd from N natural numbers
- Number of odd and even results for every value of x in range [min, max] after performing N steps
- Count of numbers in range which are divisible by M and have digit D at odd places
- Numbers in range [L, R] such that the count of their divisors is both even and prime
- Check if count of even divisors of N is equal to count of odd divisors
- Number of ways to obtain each numbers in range [1, b+c] by adding any two numbers in range [a, b] and [b, c]
- Program to find count of numbers having odd number of divisors in given range
- Count of all even numbers in the range [L, R] whose sum of digits is divisible by 3
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.