Given a word and a text, return the count of the occurrences of anagrams of the word in the text(For eg: anagrams of word for are for, ofr, rof etc.))
Input : forxxorfxdofr for Output : 3 Explanation : Anagrams of the word for - for, orf, ofr appear in the text and hence the count is 3. Input : aabaabaa aaba Output : 4 Explanation : Anagrams of the word aaba - aaba, abaa each appear twice in the text and hence the count is 4.
A simple approach is to traverse from start of the string considering substrings of length equal to the length of the given word and then check if this substring has all the characters of word.
An Efficient Solution is to use count array to check for anagrams, we can construct current count window from previous window in O(1) time using sliding window concept.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count subsequences in first string which are anagrams of the second string
- Count of anagrams of each string in an array present in another array
- Given a sequence of words, print all anagrams together | Set 1
- Given a sequence of words, print all anagrams together | Set 2
- Project Idea | (A Game of Anagrams )
- Print all pairs of anagrams in a given array of strings
- Given a sequence of words, print all anagrams together using STL
- Check if all levels of two trees are anagrams or not
- Print anagrams together in Python using List and Dictionary
- Check whether two strings are anagrams of each other using unordered_map in C++
- Number of index pairs such that s[i] and s[j] are anagrams
- Find the word with most anagrams in a given sentence
- Check if a String contains Anagrams of length K which does not contain the character X
- Largest number from the longest set of anagrams possible from all perfect squares of length K
- Lexicographically smallest and largest anagrams of a string containing another string as its substring
- Check if two strings are k-anagrams or not
- Count of occurrences of a "1(0+)1" pattern in a string
- Count occurrences of a word in string
- Count occurrences of elements of list in Java
- Count occurrences of a substring recursively
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet