Given a string and a character, the task is to make a function which counts the occurrence of the given character in the string using Stream API.
Input: str = "geeksforgeeks", c = 'e' Output: 4 'e' appears four times in str. Input: str = "abccdefgaa", c = 'a' Output: 3 'a' appears three times in str.
- Convert the string into character stream
- Check if the character in the stream is the character to be counted using filter() function.
- Count the matched characters using the count() function
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Related Article: Program to count occurrence of a given character in a string
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Program to count occurrence of a given character in a string
- Character Stream Vs Byte Stream in Java
- Find the Nth occurrence of a character in the given String
- Minimize the length of string by removing occurrence of only one character
- Python | Replacing Nth occurrence of multiple characters in a String with the given character
- Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string.
- Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string in Python
- Stream count() method in Java with examples
- Count maximum occurrence of subsequence in string such that indices in subsequence is in A.P.
- Count occurrences of a character in a repeated string
- Count of number of given string in 2D character array
- Count of strings that can be formed from another string using each character at-most once
- Index of character depending on frequency count in string
- Longest suffix such that occurrence of each character is less than N after deleting atmost K characters
- Count substring of Binary string such that each character belongs to a palindrome of size greater than 1
- Count occurrences of a given character using Regex in Java
- Java program to count the occurrences of each character
- Difference between Stream.of() and Arrays.stream() method in Java
- Java Program to get a character from a String
- Difference between String and Character array in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.