Given a number N. The task is to find the count of numbers which have N digits and even number of zeroes.
Note: The number can have preceding 0’s.
Input: N = 2 Output: Count = 81 Total 2 digit numbers are 99 considering 1 as 01. 2 digit numbers are 01, 02, 03, 04, 05.... 99 Numbers with odd 0's are 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 70, 80, 90 i.e. 18 The rest of the numbers between 01 and 99 will do not have any zeroes and zero is also an even number. So, numbers with even 0's are 99 - 18 = 81. Input: N = 3 Output: Count = 755
Approach: The idea is to find the Count Numbers with N digits which consists of odd number of 0’s and subtract it from the total number with N digits to get the number with even 0’s.
Note: Answer can be very large, so for N greater than 9, use modular exponentiation.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count Numbers with N digits which consists of odd number of 0's
- Count of subsequences which consists exactly K prime numbers
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Count of Numbers such that difference between the number and sum of its digits not less than L
- Count of Numbers in Range where the number does not contain more than K non zero digits
- Count the number of digits of palindrome numbers in an array
- Count of numbers in Array ending with digits of number N
- Count total number of N digit numbers such that the difference between sum of even and odd digits is 1
- Count of numbers whose sum of increasing powers of digits is equal to the number itself
- Smallest multiple of 3 which consists of three given non-zero digits
- Count of numbers upto N digits formed using digits 0 to K-1 without any adjacent 0s
- Count numbers in given range such that sum of even digits is greater than sum of odd digits
- Count of N-digit Numbers having Sum of even and odd positioned digits divisible by given numbers
- Count of integers in a range which have even number of odd digits and odd number of even digits
- Count numbers with same first and last digits
- Count of numbers from range [L, R] that end with any of the given digits
- Count numbers less than N containing digits from the given set : Digit DP
- Count of numbers with all digits same in a given range
- Count of numbers from range [L, R] whose sum of digits is Y
- Count numbers with exactly K non-zero digits and distinct odd digit sum
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.