Given three integers A, L, and R, the task is to count numbers from a range L to R which contains A as its suffix.
Input: A = 2, L = 2, R = 20
Only two possible numbers from the given range that satisfies the conditions are 2 and 12.
Input: A = 25, L = 25, R = 273
The three numbers from the given range that satisfies the conditions are 25, 125 and 225.
Naive Approach: The simplest approach to solve the problem is to traverse the numbers from the range L to R, and check if the number ends with A or not. For all numbers found to be true, increment the count of such numbers by 1. Finally, print the final count.
Time complexity: O(B)
Auxiliary Space: O(log2R)
Efficient Approach: To optimize the above approach, follow the steps below:
- Count and store the number of digits of A and store it in a variable, say, count.
- Raise 10 to the power of count of digits of A,i.e. 10count.
- Check for every cycle of 10count if it lies in the range [L, R]. If found to be true, then increment the count by 1.
- Print the final value of count.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N), where N is the range.
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count of numbers from the range [L, R] which contains at least one digit that divides K
- Count the numbers with N digits and whose suffix is divisible by K
- Count of all possible numbers not exceeding M having suffix N
- Number of ways to obtain each numbers in range [1, b+c] by adding any two numbers in range [a, b] and [b, c]
- Count of possible arrays from prefix-sum and suffix-sum arrays
- Check if an array contains all elements of a given range
- Find strings that end with a given suffix
- Count of subarrays which contains a given number exactly K times
- Check if a string is suffix of another
- Find the longest sub-string which is prefix, suffix and also present inside the string
- Longest suffix such that occurrence of each character is less than N after deleting atmost K characters
- Maximize the sum of array after multiplying a prefix and suffix by -1
- Longest prefix which is also suffix
- Program to find count of numbers having odd number of divisors in given range
- Queries to find the count of shortest paths in a Tree that contains a given edge
- Count of Numbers in Range where the number does not contain more than K non zero digits
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Number of times a number can be replaced by the sum of its digits until it only contains one digit
- Find the numbers from 1 to N that contains exactly k non-zero digits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.