Given a string ‘S’ (composed of digits) and an integer ‘X”, the task is to count all the sub-strings of ‘S’ that satisfy the following conditions:
- The sub-string must not begin with the digit ‘0’.
- And the numeric number it represents must be greater than ‘X’.
Note: Two ways of selecting a sub-string are different if they begin or end at different indices.
Input: S = "471", X = 47 Output: 2 Only the sub-strings "471" and "71" satisfy the given conditions. Input: S = "2222", X = 97 Output: 3 Valid strings are "222", "222" and "2222".
- Iterate over each digit of the string ‘S’ and choose the digits which are greater than ‘0’.
- Now, take all possible sub-strings starting from the character chosen in the previous step and convert each sub-string to integer.
- Compare the integer from previous step to ‘X’, if the number is greater than ‘X’ then increment the count variable.
- Finally, print the value of the count variable.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Smallest subarray of size greater than K with sum greater than a given value
- Count of alphabets having ASCII value less than and greater than k
- Count of substrings whose Decimal equivalent is greater than or equal to K
- Remove uppercase, lowercase, special, numeric, and non-numeric characters from a String
- Count the number of words having sum of ASCII values less than and greater than k
- Count numbers with difference between number and its digit sum greater than specific value
- Largest number with maximum trailing nines which is less than N and greater than N-D
- Largest number less than N with digit sum greater than the digit sum of N
- Minimum value of K such that sum of cubes of first K natural number is greater than equal to N
- Highest and Smallest power of K less than and greater than equal to N respectively
- Longest subarray with only one value greater than k
- Sub-strings having exactly k characters that have ASCII value greater than p
- Minimum value to be assigned to the elements so that sum becomes greater than initial sum
- Length of Smallest subarray in range 1 to N with sum greater than a given value
- Least root of given quadratic equation for value greater than equal to K
- Count number of binary strings such that there is no substring of length greater than or equal to 3 with all 1's
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 1 (General approach)
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Check whether all the rotations of a given number is greater than or equal to the given number or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ihritik