Given a string ‘S’ (composed of digits) and an integer ‘X”, the task is to count all the sub-strings of ‘S’ that satisfy the following conditions:
- The sub-string must not begin with the digit ‘0’.
- And the numeric number it represents must be greater than ‘X’.
Note: Two ways of selecting a sub-string are different if they begin or end at different indices.
Input: S = "471", X = 47 Output: 2 Only the sub-strings "471" and "71" satisfy the given conditions. Input: S = "2222", X = 97 Output: 3 Valid strings are "222", "222" and "2222".
- Iterate over each digit of the string ‘S’ and choose the digits which are greater than ‘0’.
- Now, take all possible sub-strings starting from the character chosen in the previous step and convert each sub-string to integer.
- Compare the integer from previous step to ‘X’, if the number is greater than ‘X’ then increment the count variable.
- Finally, print the value of the count variable.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Count of substrings whose Decimal equivalent is greater than or equal to K
- Count Substrings with equal number of 0s, 1s and 2s
- Number of substrings with count of each character as k
- Count number of distinct substrings of a given length
- Count number of substrings with exactly k distinct characters
- Count the number of vowels occurring in all the substrings of given string
- Given a binary string, count number of substrings that start and end with 1.
- Count number of substrings of a string consisting of same characters
- Count the number of words having sum of ASCII values less than and greater than k
- Count numbers with difference between number and its digit sum greater than specific value
- Count number of binary strings such that there is no substring of length greater than or equal to 3 with all 1's
- Count all substrings having character K
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- Count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count Uppercase, Lowercase, special character and numeric values
- Count of substrings which contains a given character K times
- Count of substrings of a binary string containing K ones
- Count of substrings consisting only of vowels
- Count of total anagram substrings
- Count distinct substrings that contain some characters at most k times
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ihritik