Given an array of distinct integer A, the task is to count the number of possible permutations of the given array A such that the permutations do not contain any subarray of size 2 or more from the original array.
Input: A = [ 1, 3, 9 ]
All the permutation of [ 1, 3, 9 ] are : [ 1, 3, 9 ], [ 1, 9, 3 ], [ 3, 9, 1 ], [ 3, 1, 9 ], [ 9, 1, 3 ], [ 9, 3, 1 ]
Here [ 1, 3, 9 ], [ 9, 1, 3 ] are removed as they contain sub-array [ 1, 3 ] from original list
and [ 3, 9, 1 ] removed as it contains sub-array [3, 9] from original list so,
Following are the 3 arrays that satisfy the condition : [1, 9, 3], [3, 1, 9], [9, 3, 1]
Input : A = [1, 3, 9, 12]
Naive Approach: Iterate through list of all permutations and remove those arrays which contains any sub-array [ i, i+1 ] from A.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Efficient Solution : After making the solution for smaller size of array, we can observe a pattern:
The following pattern generates a recurrence:
Suppose the length of array A is n, then:
count(0) = 1 count(1) = 1 count(n) = n * count(n-1) + (n-1) * count(n-2)
Below is the implementation of the approach:
Note: For the above recurrence you can check oeis.org.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Count subarrays having total distinct elements same as original array
- Find original array from encrypted array (An array of sums of other elements)
- Maximum count number of valley elements in a subarray of size K
- Find a subarray whose sum is divisible by size of the array
- Smallest subarray whose sum is multiple of array size
- Find array elements equal to sum of any subarray of at least size 2
- Minimum number of operations to convert array A to array B by adding an integer into a subarray
- Generate original array from an array that store the counts of greater elements on right
- Count of elements which is the sum of a subarray of the given Array
- Count of Subarrays in an array containing numbers from 1 to the length of subarray
- Count Inversions of size three in a given array
- Count of subarrays of size K which is a permutation of numbers from 1 to K
- Count the Arithmetic sequences in the Array of size at least 3
- Count the number of primes in the prefix sum array of the given array
- Number of triplets in array having subarray xor equal
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.