Given an infinite tree and three numbers N, M, and X which has exactly N child from every node. Every edge has a weight of 1, 2, 3, 4..N. The task is to find the count of paths whose weight is exactly X and has a minimum of one edge of weight M in it.
The diagram above shows a tree shown till level-3 and N = 3.
Input: N = 3, M = 2, X = 3 Output: 2 The path 1-2 and 2-1 in the image above Input: N = 2, M = 1, X = 4 Output: 4
Approach: The problem can be solved using Dynamic Programming and memoization. We will use a top-down approach to solve this problem. Recur starting from the root with sum initially as X, and recursively traverse all paths possible( which is from 1 to N). If the node is equal to M, then the second parameter becomes true, else it stays the same which has been passed in the previous call. Store the value in a DP table to avoid visiting same states twice.
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
- Number of Paths of Weight W in a K-ary tree
- Product of minimum edge weight between all pairs of a Tree
- Choose maximum weight with given weight and value ratio
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is even
- Count the nodes of the given tree whose weight has X as a factor
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose sum of digits of weight is odd
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is prime
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is even parity
- Count the nodes in the given tree whose weight is a power of two
- Count the nodes whose weight is a perfect square
- Maximum weight transformation of a given string
- Minimum cost to fill given weight in a bag
- Maximum weight path ending at any element of last row in a matrix
- Count number of paths with at-most k turns
- Count all k-sum paths in a Binary Tree
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.