Given an array A of N lowercase letter strings of the same length. The task is to find the count of columns that are not sorted in increasing order.
Input: A = ["cba", "dah", "ghi"] Output: 1 2nd Column ["b", "a", "h"] is not sorted in increasing order. Input: A = ["zyx", "wvu", "tsr"] Output: 3 All columns are not sorted in increasing order.
Approach: Traverse each column one by one and check if the next element is greater than the previous element in the same column. If not the increment the countOfCol by 1 and keep traversing till all the columns get traversed. Print the value of countOfCol.
- Sort even and odd placed elements in increasing order
- Python | Get items in sorted order from given dictionary
- Python | Inserting item in sorted list maintaining order
- Sum of columns of a 2-D Matrix where first element is odd
- Print all Increasing Subsequence of a List
- Python program for Longest Increasing Subsequence
- Python | Check if list is strictly increasing
- Python | Increasing alternate element pattern in list
- Python | Find groups of strictly increasing numbers in a list
- Python | Reverse sequence of strictly increasing integers in a list
- Check whether two strings contain same characters in same order
- Python | Reversed Order keys in dictionary
- Print a number as string of 'A' and 'B' in lexicographic order
- Python | Combining two sorted lists
- Python | Finding relative order of elements in list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.